[title element=’h2′ color=’fff700′]Outlook 2015: Siam Canadian MD Jim Gulkin : Dec 18, 2014[/title]
Exec predicts continued weak shrimp market for much of 2015, but further recovery from EMS is expected.
Published: 18.12.2014 14:57
Updated: 18.12.2014 14:35
IntraFish: What were the three most significant developments for your business in the seafood industry in 2014?
- The increase of shrimp supplies in India, Indonesia and South/Central America.
- The continuing challenges presented by EMS [Early Mortality Syndrome].
- Continued expansion of our business globally – sales exceeding $315 million (€251.9 million) for 2015.
Intrafish: Looking ahead, what will be the three most important developments in 2015?
- We expect to see further recovery in Thailand from EMS and increased production.
- We expect shrimp market to remain weak for much of 2015.
- Further expansion of production in India, Indonesia and further recovery from EMS in Vietnam and China
IntraFish: What changes and developments do you expect your business to undergo next year?
Jim Gulkin: Our exports from Indonesia, India and Vietnam will continue to grow. We expect some recovery to our business in Thailand. We will face challenges with a likely softer shrimp market in 2015 due to increasing production.
Contact us for more formation: